ALIEF SUPER NEIGHBORHOOD MEETING
Minutes for Tuesday, January 27, 2015
The regular monthly ASNC#25 meeting was held January 27, 7:00 PM, at the Centerpoint Energy Building, 12330 Bellaire Blvd.
Chairperson, Barbara Quattro, called the meeting to order at 7:04 P.M. Roll Call of Council members was done by sign-in sheet. A quorum was not met until later during the meeting (see attached).
GUESTS: Veronica Hernandez (COH Mayor’s office); Catherine Le (Congressman Al Green’s office; HPD Officer Kathy Buckler; Terence Davis (Alief TX Youth Football) and several representatives from local HOA’s.
HOSPITALITY:–Hospitality was provided by ASNC for this meeting. Dorothea Pindell also provided snacks. Hospitality providers are encouraged to volunteer.
COMMITTEE & STANDING REPORTS
CHAIRS REPORT:-Chairperson Barbara Quattro, introduced the speakers from Community Association Institute (CAI). She remarked to the full house that many HOA’s would benefit from the information to be presented. She also noted that tree plantings, as promised by Victor Cordova, Chief Forester, City of Houston at the November 2014 meeting, had begun with planting of 400 trees on Cook Road to be followed by Kirkwood. She also noted that plots are available to rent at the Community garden.
TREASURER’S REPORT –Current balance $1632.31
ELECTIONS/NOMINATING COMMITTEE No input.
PROJECTS/SNAP COMMITTEE No input.
Officer Kathy Buckler, Bissonnet Substation provided crime statistics for our area.
CAI Representatives Jonathan Clark, Stephanie Ferrante and Bill
UPCOMING SPEAKERS- The following speakers are scheduled:
February Hike and Bike Trails, Houston Parks Board
Public Session and Announcements.
• Bear Creek Community Center is again offering numerous classes including AARP defensive driving
• The annual Alief Lunar parade will take place February 21st along Bellaire Blvd.
• A senior Valentines Dance will take place February 13th at Golden Bamboo
• The annual CIP meeting will take place at Hastings 9th grade center March 2nd at 6:30 PM
• There will be a school bond issue meeting in March
• PIP meetings begin the third Thursday of the month at Westside Command Station
The meeting adjourned at 8:35 PM. Attendees were encouraged to talk to speakers and guests after the meeting
Minutes approved ____________
Compiled, Written and Submitted by
V. M. Sugar, Secretary